Probate & Inheritance Tax
The assessment of estates can be both stressful and complicated,
especially for beneficiaries or executors who have no previous experience of the
many problems which can arise in what are inevitably difficult circumstances.
The Valuation Department of Bearnes Hampton & Littlewood offers a professional,
personal and sensitive service to executors, solicitors and bank trustees which
is fully co-ordinated through a single contact.
Bearnes Hampton & Littlewood will provide:-
- An immediate preliminary visit without obligation
- A provisional figure for Grant of Probate application
- Advice on insurance cover and removal to secure storage of high risk items such
as jewellery and silver
- Identification and dispersal of Specific Bequests
- A draft inventory, listing principal items, to aid Family Division
- A formal inventory and certified Inheritance Tax valuation
- Advice on items of national and historical importance eligible for exemption from
- A complete removal, clearance, storage and auction service
Bearnes Hampton & Littlewood specialise in preparing detailed inventories and
valuations for insurance purposes, which are accepted by all leading insurance companies
as proof of value in the event of a claim. Whatever the cause of loss, an expert
and accurate valuation will greatly help the speedy settlement of any claim.
Each inventory is prepared to suit individual requirements and contains comprehensive
and detailed descriptions by category of antiques and works of art throughout a
residence, together with up-to-date values. A photographic record can also be provided
to accompany a valuation. Insurance valuations can vary
from a single item to a large estate.
Further information and details of fees are available from Andrew Thomas or Christopher